Adding specific details to your DoorDash merchant menu can significantly impact your restaurant's sales. Based on a DoorDash study of over 15,000 local small business merchants in Q2 2022, adding menu item descriptions can increase sales by up to 23% per month. By taking the time to enhance your menu with descriptions, you can capture the attention of customers, entice their taste buds, and ultimately drive more orders. Below is a video with Merchant Portal instructions, or follow along with the written instructions:
What is the DoorDash Menu Manager?
To make DoorDash menu updates, you can use the Menu Manager in the Merchant Portal. Here's information about its editing tools and functionalities:
How do I add a new item to my DoorDash Merchant menu?
You can use these editing tools to edit your menu:
2. Click Add An Item at the end bottom of the list of items in the category.
3. In the dialogue box that appears, fill in the Name, Price, and Description of the new item.
4. Click Save and Add Photo to add your new Item. The item will now appear on the menu.
How do I add an item descriptions?
Based on a DoorDash study of over 15,000 local small business merchants in Q2 2022, menus with menu item descriptions get up to 23% more sales each month.
1. In the menu section of your Merchant Portal, click on the pencil icon to the right of the item.
2. Select Edit Details in the dialogue box.
3. Write the item descriptions in the text box and click Save Changes, which will only appear at the bottom once changes are made to the menu design.
Now that you’ve added your items, it’s time to add your DoorDash menu prices.
How do I organize items into categories using the menu editor?
Your menu design layout can be easier to navigate by splitting up items into categories. Sort the order of categories in the Menu section of the Merchant Portal.
1. In the Menu Manager section of the Merchant Portal, click Settings on the top right of the page.
2. Click and hold the six black dots next to the category you want to move. Drag and drop the item to the new position and click Save.
If you have the same menu in multiple locations, you can share that menu across your various restaurants. When a shared menu is edited, the changes are reflected for all stores that use that menu. However, temporary deactivations to items and options can be applied to specific locations.
How do I use the editing tools to mark an item out of stock?
On the item that’s out of stock, to the right click on Available.
A dropdown will appear, allowing you to choose if the item is Unavailable Today or Unavailable Indefinitely. You can also click the pencil icon and select availability within the pop-up.
To mark an item back in stock, click Available. You can do this by either clicking on the three dots to the right of the item, or from Edit Details.
Other important things to consider when building your menu
Photos: Photos are a great way to showcase your menu design. Here are tips on how to upload photos, follow photo best-practices, and even sign up for a free photoshoot.
Modifiers: Modifiers make it easy for your customers to customize their order.
Pricing: Tips on how to add in pricing and best practices.
Want to drive more sales? Learn how to add photos for your menu.