Between the food, the service, and the delivery experience, creating a top-notch customer experience is no small feat. So many of our restaurant partners go above and beyond for their customers — and we think those efforts should be recognized and rewarded. That’s why we developed Most Loved, a new rewards program for top-rated restaurants.
The Benefits of Being Most Loved
Most Loved restaurants get more visibility, increased earning potential, and exclusive perks.
Most Loved restaurants will be featured in in-app carousels, on the app homepage, and in marketing campaigns. This kind of visibility means new (and existing!) are more likely to place orders
Attract new customers
Customers are more likely to try a new restaurant if they’re confident it will be a good experience. When you’re a Most Loved restaurant, you have built-in trust and credibility.
Free marketing toolkit
Most Loved restaurants get a free toolkit with special in-store and digital marketing materials so they can proudly display their Most Loved status in-store and online.
How to Become Most Loved
Earning Most Loved status is based on your restaurant’s monthly performance in 4 key operational metrics — and it’s designed to be attainable for all restaurants!
The goal operational metrics are:
<0.3% Cancellation Rate
<2.25% Order Error Rate
<2 mins Average Avoidable Wait
4.7+ Monthly Rating & 4.5+ Lifetime Rating
Cancellation rate measures the number of orders cancelled. Only circumstances within your store’s control, like incorrect store hours, are counted.
Missing and incorrect rate measures how frequently customers report missing items or food that was poorly or incorrectly prepared.
Avoidable wait measures how long Dashers wait for their orders after the time you confirmed it would be ready.
Overall rating reflects how all DoorDash customers respond to a question about the quality of food from their order.
How It Works
At the beginning of every month, we evaluate your performance from the month before and share with you via email. If your store meets the above criteria, you'll earn or keep your status as a Most Loved restaurant.
You can also log into the Operations Quality section Merchant Portal to check on your cancellation rate, order rate, and average avoidable wait for the previous calendar month.
If your numbers aren’t quite at Most Loved status, don’t worry — we have specific tips for improving any and every metric.
Minimize Avoidable Cancellations
- Ensure your hours are correct, especially on holidays. Make sure your business hours and menu hours are up to date so you can avoid order cancellations due to your store being listed as “closed” on the app when it’s actually open.
- Confirm orders quickly or set up auto-confirm to avoid cancellations due to lack of confirmation.
Reduce Error Rates
- Ensure your menu is up to date. Make sure your menu reflects your offering, and be sure to mark things out of stock when they’re unavailable, so you reduce the likelihood of a customer reporting a “missing” item.
- Label orders with the customer’s name and/or attach a printed ticket to the order to help ensure Dashers deliver the right order.
- Double check for modifications and special requests. Pay attention to modifications and special requests — if they’re unclear, contact the customer directly for any clarifications.
Decrease Avoidable Wait
- Update pickup instructions. Provide clear instructions for Dashers, including where to park and if there is a special entrance or line they should use.
- Set your kitchen status as Busy when things are especially busy so Dashers will have an accurate sense of when they should arrive to pick up their order.
- Ensure prep times are accurate. Make sure the prep times in the Merchant Portal are accurate.
- Designate a special pickup area or rack for Dashers so they don’t have to wait in line to pick up their order.
Increase Overall Rating
- Review customer feedback of your food in the Merchant Portal (and also on other sites) and make note of any recurring trends you can address.
- Go above and beyond by using packaging that ensures your food travels well, including instructions for reheating, or adding a note to thank customers for their support.
Our goal at DoorDash is to set our restaurant partners up for success and growth, and Most Loved is the latest way we are recognizing and rewarding our top-rated, most reliable restaurants
If you’re not already a DoorDash partner and want to take advantage of our Most Loved program, sign up now.