What you’ll learn
Setting up your financial information on the Merchant Portal is key for your payouts to run smoothly. In this course, you’ll learn how to:
Access your financial info: 1 min
Find your payment status: 1 min
Activate daily payouts: 2 min
Get paid for cancelled orders: 1 min
How staff tips work: 2 min
Find your reconciliation report: 1 min
Download your monthly statement: 1 min
Why is setting up your financial information important?
Financial reports help you understand how much you’re making on DoorDash; and any costs, such as commission, marketing fees and any error charges.
Who has access to my financial information?
Any user with Admin or Manager access to the Merchant Portal will be able to export this data for all stores they have access to. If a user is not an Admin or Manager, and they do not have access to a given store, they will not be able to export the financial data.
How do I find my payment status?
All Merchants are able to view their Payouts on the Financials tab. However, only Merchants in the US can download the Payouts summary CSV using the report builder.
View your Payouts
1. In the Merchant Portal, navigate to the Financials tab and select Payouts. Please note, that if you have more than one store, all this data will be aggregated into a single view.
2. There, you can select from the drop-down menu the time frame you want to view.
3. View the payouts to your bank account.
Download Payouts summary CSV file via the Report Builder
1. In the Merchant Portal, navigate to the Financials section and go to Payouts.
2. Once there, click on the top right drop-down menu, and tap Create Report.
3. This will take you to the Report Builder.
4. In the Choose a channel section, select Marketplace.
5. Next, in Choose a report type, tap on Financials.
6. Check the Payouts box in the Choose the type of financial data section.
7. Select the frequency with which you wish to receive your report, and choose a time frame.
8. To download your report, click the blue Create Report button.
Some things to keep in mind:
If you are on weekly payouts, the payment period runs from Monday through Sunday. Payments are deposited to your bank account on Thursdays, and you will see the deposit hit your bank account on Friday for transactions that occurred the prior week.
You will receive this payment via direct deposit to the account and routing information on file. This information is available for your review in the Merchant Portal. Please note, payments can take 2-3 business days to process and arrive in your account.
How do I get daily payouts on DoorDash?
Daily Payouts is a feature that allows you to opt-in to receive daily payouts (excluding weekends) for sales completed on the DoorDash platform 3 days in arrears.
1. To opt-in to Daily Payouts, navigate to the Settings section in the Merchant Portal.
2. Within this window, you will see a button called Get Daily Payouts towards the bottom.
3. If you wish to opt-out, you can do so in the Settings section as well. You should see a button with the prompt to Opt-out of Daily Payouts which can be used to return to a weekly schedule.
What happens when an order is cancelled?
Cancellations happen for a number of reasons. Whatever the reason is, the aim is to always compensate restaurant partners for meals they have prepared. Here’s how to determine whether or not you’ve been paid out for a cancellation:
1. Click on your Orders tab to view all your orders.
2. Click on the History tab to view historical orders.
3. Review the Status column for a brief description of whether the order was delivered or cancelled.
4. Click on the Order ID for the order of interest to open a pop-up with order and cancellation details.
5. Use the Filters function to categorize orders by status type.
How to prevent Avoidable Cancellations
Avoidable cancellations are orders in which the cause of cancellation is something within your control. Customers are less likely to return when their order is cancelled. Here are some of the ways to avoid order cancellation:
In the Store Availability tab, you can update the following:
Ensure Correct Hours → Update hours in Portal, POS, or tablet
Ensure Menu is Up-to-date → Update in Portal, POS, or tablet
Accurate Prep Times → Update in tablet or POS
Confirm Orders ASAP → Quickly confirm orders in the tablet
Some things to keep in mind:
Merchants are paid for cancelled orders when all of the following conditions are met:
Cancellation occurs after the merchant has successfully confirmed the order
The order has already been prepared
The merchant did not initiate or is not at fault for the cancellation
How do staff tips work?
Customers can now leave a tip for the staff at your restaurant when they order pickup on DoorDash. 100% of the amount tipped is included in your weekly payout for distribution to your employees.
How to turn on staff tips:
1. Navigate to your Settings section in the Merchant Portal.
2. Toggle the Staff tips for Pickup Orders switch.
3. You’ll see a popup. Click the checkbox to enable pickup tips for all stores, then click Enable Staff Tips.
To view staff tips:
In the Merchant Portal, navigate to the Orders section.
Under Order History, you'll be able to click into each order and see individual orders’ tips.
Some things to keep in mind:
The total amount of staff tips for the week will be included in your weekly summary payout email, and in the Merchant Portal reporting.
Staff tips are included in your weekly payout as a lump sum. It will be your responsibility to distribute those tips to your staff.
Failure to distribute tips can constitute wage theft in certain municipalities.
By turning on tips, you could boost your overall revenue, pay less overhead expenses, and provide a means for your customers to reward your staff for their customer service.